Trial Or Joy

Posted on Posted in Christian living, Hope, Joy, Suffering

I have heard it said that we only know 10% of most peoples situation. That leaves 90% a mystery. There are several that struggle through the holidays rather than enjoy them.

It may be the loss of a loved one, a current battle with cancer, a prodigal son or daughter. In any event, the struggle is real. If we focus on the struggle, we will only see the struggle and negative. If the struggle is long term, this can lead to prolonged periods of grief and even depression.

So what’s the solution? Focus on what brings joy. Scripture is clear that what is being revealed to us, is greater than the struggle. So much so, that the trials are not worthy to be compared.

I’ve been in a place where I didn’t want to get out of bed. Everything seemed horrible and not worth doing. I hung the labels of failure on myself regularly. Friend, this is not God’s design. When we are in that place we need more Jesus time. We need to take every extra moment and dive into His word and worship at His feet. We need to surround ourselves with people doing that same thing.

When we see who God is, what He has done, and what He wants to do through us, it transforms our thinking and reshapes our definition of love. We can no longer fit into a depressive shell. Though our situation may be grievous, remember, our Lord has conquered even death!

Reflection

Where are your eyes fixed right now? Your situation or on Christ and His finished work?

Are you spending quality time with Jesus daily? (Jesus:The Word – John1:1-14)

Who around you at church or in your community has true joy and could help you on your journey? If you can’t think of anyone, intensify your search until you find someone.

Prayer

Father, for Your have purposed our joy to be full in Christ. Open blinded eyes to see and set the captives free. May all those who read this be overwhelmed by the joy we have in Christ. Lift them from the dark place and let them be filled with Your loving light. May it be said of them and may they truly believe that their trials are not worthy to be compared to the joy that is being revealed to them in Jesus, Amen!

4 thoughts on “Trial Or Joy

  1. Yes. Thank you And I love the rest of that passage for our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *